Fisher Industries is a 65-year-old company dedicated to all phases of aggregate processing including design and manufacturing of crushing, washing, screening and conveying equipment. For additional information about our company visit our website at www.fisherind.com. We are currently seeking a Truck Mechanic for our Southwest operations based in Arizona.
The Mechanic will perform routine maintenance as well as minor and major repairs on all semi-trucks, pickup trucks, and trailers. The Mechanic will be responsible for examining the equipment when it is in for scheduled service to determine additional service needs. The Mechanic will follow all State and Federal laws while operating motor vehicles and follows all safety and environmental policies while performing job tasks.
* Must be able to perform scheduled maintenance on pick-up trucks, semi-trucks, and trailers.
* Must be able to troubleshoot and perform repairs on all systems (air system, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, etc.) on pick-up trucks, semi-trucks, and trailers.
* Must be able to document all maintenance and repairs performed on the equipment and file records properly.
* Must be able to verbally communicate safety issues to Supervisors and other workers on location before and during job task.
* Position requires Class A CDL or Class B CDL.
* At least (2) year experience as a mechanic in an automotive, trucking or heavy equipment environment, or any equivalent combination of education and experience is a plus.
* Mechanic must provide own tools.
* Must be able to pass a drug screen and pre-employment physical.
* Able to work in hot or cold outdoor temperatures and job site conditions
* Extended out of town travel/work may be required
* Night-shift work may be required
****Fisher Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please email ...@fisherind.com to request an accommodation. This email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about the status of your application.
*Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identity Theft, Retirement, PTO, Sick Leave*
*Job Start/End Date:* 18-Feb-2019 to 19-Mar-2019 (MST)
*Department:* Fisher Sand & Gravel Arizona
*Location:* Tempe, AZ, USA
*Pay Rate:* DOE
*Pay Type:* Hourly
*Employment Type:* Full Time