Capital Procurement Specialist will assist NAH colleagues in the review of capital requests for required approvals, budget variances, price benchmarking, quotation terms and conditions, delivery location requirements, and delivery date requirements. Will coordinate all activities related to capital purchases and projects which include the acquisition of capital equipment, furniture, and project-related minor equipment. Benchmarks clinical equipment vendor quotations for best pricing using available resources, such as ECRI or GPO dashboards. Assures pricing of related service contracts are benchmarked and contracted prior to capital purchase, as necessary. The key focus will be on leveraging spend, utilizing strategic sourcing, and supplier performance management processes and tools to deliver value and will be responsible for the long term success of supply and sourcing initiatives in Capital Equipment. Will oversee the Capital purchase process from colleague submission through completion, including but not limited to maintaining Project/Activity database, Capital tracking database, requesting Purchase Orders and the disposal of existing Capital and minor equipment items.
* Proficient knowledge of procurement processes
* Lead and execute sourcing activities for the Capital Equipment and Equipment Surplus including the development and qualification of new suppliers to support business needs
* Create bid packages, negotiate prices and service agreements, solicit bids, analyze quotations, perform contract management and provide recommendations
* Drive standardization of procurement processes, policies and best practices for Capital Equipment
* Understand industry trends, the competitive environment and our internal performance to integrate benchmarking into sourcing strategies, supplier selections, negotiation plans, and other process and/or decision making.
* Negotiate favorable pricing for Equipment Surplus
* Knowledge of Group Purchasing Organizaton contracts
* Support project success by working with key stakeholders and project managers and being the liaison with external companies to drive financial and timeline performance to targets
* Effectively prioritize projects and determine most appropriate course of action.
* Effectively utilize tools and techniques while managing multiple complex projects and deadlines
* Responsible for continuous procurement process improvement, increasing personal productivity
* Effectively communicate and influence while building a functional network of individuals and teams across organizations
* Work collaboratively with internal /external customers
* Drive effective Supplier Performance Management for the category including supplier business reviews, scorecards and compliance requirements
* Create, maintain and own business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players to influence their supply chain capabilities, efficiency, and effectiveness for NAH
* Conduct supplier assessments in partnership with Business and/or Functional resources
* Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Completes daily assigned tasks and records daily activity.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees area of responsibility.
* If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific training in the specified time frame.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) - RequiredBachelor's in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering or equivalent - Preferred
Minimum of 5 years of purchasing/procurement/sourcing experience. - Required Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in supply chain management, procurement, and contracting. - Required Minimum of 3 years project management experience. - RequiredPrevious ERP system experience. - Preferred
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain