Sonovision Canada and Sonovision USA are industry-leading technical publications and engineering documentation management firms for the Aerospace and Defense industry. We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team of talented and passionate people! Here at Sonovision, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with great management, flexibility, and satisfaction. In return, you get to join a challenging, rewarding, and respectful team where your contributions are rewarded.
As a Technical Writer with Sonovision USA, you will join an energetic team of documentation professionals who are passionate about the work they do. As part of the team, you will be an essential contributing member by authoring and revising a variety of documents and working together to deliver documentation of the highest quality that customers of Sonovision have come to expect.
* Work within the technical writing team to develop maintenance documentation for the aerospace industry.
* Provide SME experience to the writing team and illustrators to develop the most comprehensive and concise information possible.
* Work both independently and as part of a team to meet budget and schedule constraints and delivery requirements.
* Other duties as assigned
Required and Asset Skills & Experience
* Engineering background (mechanical, aerospace, electrical etc.) and/or hands-on experience in the aerospace maintenance field
* Experience with S1000D, ATA2200 and/or MIL-SPEC specifications is an asset.
* Previous use and/or knowledge of Simplified English and SGML/XML would also be an asset.
* Previous use and/or knowledge of Adobe Framemaker, Quicksilver and/or Arbortext Editor is an asset.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook.
What we offer
* Competitive health, dental, and life insurance benefits
* An entrepreneurial environment
* Work- life balance
* Employee Events
* Training and Development Programs
Sonovision USA Inc. Awarded Major Honeywell Technical Publications Contract
Read more about it Here
The successful candidate must complete a pre-employment drug screen, and a background check, which will include previous employment reference check, education verification and a criminal history review. The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in the USA.